- Your insertion site has been covered with two layers of bandages. Remove the outer pressure bandage any time after 24 hours.
It must be removed as soon as it gets wet. The inner layer is either waterproof foam tape or steri‐strips. They should be removed in 3 days.
- We recommend putting an ice pack on the insertion area a couple of times for about 20 minutes each time over the next 4 to 5
- Do not take tub baths or get into a hot tub or swimming pool for 3 days. You may shower but do not scrub the site until
the incision is well healed (about 7 days).
- No major exercises for the incision area for the next 3 days, this includes running, elliptical, squats, lunges,
- The sodium bicarbonate in the anesthetic may cause the site to swell for 1‐3 days.
- The insertion site may be uncomfortable for up to 2 to 3 weeks. If there is itching or redness you may take Benadryl for relief, 50 mg.
orally every 6 hours. Caution this can cause drowsiness!
- You may experience bruising, swelling, and/or redness of the insertion site which may last from a few days up to 2 to 3
- You may notice some pinkish or bloody discoloration of the outer bandage. This is normal.
- If you experience bleeding from the incision, apply firm pressure for 5 minutes.
- Please call if you have any bleeding not relieved with pressure (not oozing), as this is NOT normal.
- Please call if you have any pus coming out of the insertion site, as this is NOT normal.
- Remember to go for your post‐insertion blood work 6 weeks after the insertion.
- Most women will need re‐insertions of their pellets 3-4 months after their initial insertion.
- Please call as soon as symptoms that were relieved from the pellets start to return to make an appointment for a re‐insertion. The
charge for the second visit will only be for the insertion and not a consultation.
For post-treatment questions or concerns, call Cunningham Clinic directly at
For follow up appointments, call Blondies at 303-377-5313