- Your insertion
site has been covered with
two layers of bandages. The inner
layer is a steri-strip and the outer layer is a waterproof dressing.
- We recommend putting an ice pack on the insertion
area a couple of times
for about 20 minutes each time over the next 4 to 5
hours. You can continue for swelling if needed. Be sure to place something between the ice pack and your bandages/skin. Do not place ice
packs directly on bare skin.
- No tub baths, hot tubs, or swimming
pools for 7 days. You may shower, but do not scrub the site
until the incision is well healed (about 7 days).
- No major exercises for the incision
area for 7 days.
This includes running, elliptical, squats, lunges, etc. You can do moderate upper body work and walking.
- The sodium bicarbonate in the anesthetic
may cause the site to
swell for 1-3 days.
- The insertion site may be uncomfortable for up
to 2 to 3 weeks. If there
is itching or redness you
may take Benadryl for relief, 50 mg. orally every 6 hours. Caution this can cause
- You may experience bruising, swelling, and/or redness of
the insertion site which
may last from a few days up to 2 to 3 weeks.
- You may notice some pinkish or bloody
discoloration of the outer bandage. This is normal.
- If you experience bleeding from the incision,
apply firm pressure for 5 minutes.
- Please call if you have any bleeding
(not oozing) not relieved with pressure, as this is
- Please call if you have any pus coming out of the insertion site, as this is NOT
- Remember to go for your post-insertion blood
work 4 weeks after the insertion.
- Most men will need re-insertions
of their pellets 5-6 months after their
- Please call to make an appointment for re-insertion as soon as symptoms that were relieved
from the pellets start to return. The charge for the second visit will be only for the insertion, not a consultation.
For post-treatment questions or concerns, call Cunningham Clinic directly at 720-272-9543
For follow up appointments, call Blondies at 303-377-5313